Sultan’s Court : Neva Duo
Smithsonian Institution, Washington,
Murat Aydemir - tanbur
Friday, January 13, 2006, 12 pm, Sackler
Saturday, January 14, 2006, 12 pm & 2 pm, Sackler level 1
The Sackler Gallery is located at 1050 Independence Avenue, SW.
Fresh from his West Coast tour, Murat
Aydemir, a young Turkish tanbur (lute) virtuoso, joins veteran
ney (flute) master Salih Bilgin for three informal performances
of Ottoman Turkish music from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Hear the sounds of musical instruments that are often depicted
in Ottoman paintings and were central to musical life in the Ottoman
court. The artists are available to sign copies of their new release
on Golden Horn Records after each performance.
Pesrev - Seyfettin Osmanoglu
2. Ussâk Saz semaisi - Azîz dede
3. Uzzâl Pesrev - Sultan Sâh Murad
4. Hicâz Saz semaisi - Veli dede
5. Hicâz Sirto - Sultan Azîz
6. Mâhûr Pesrev - Gazi Giray Hân
7. Pesendîde Saz semaisi - Sultan III.Selim
8. Sections from Ferahfezâ Ayini (Mevlevi ritual) - Dede